Our client who work within the Commercial Glazing industry are looking to recruit an Operations Director based from their offices in the East Anglia Region.
The role is responsible for the professional and successful management of operations within the business including but not limited to: contracts delivery department, technical design department, quality management as well as health and safety for the business.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ownership of the departmental business strategy to ensure it fully aligns with the Business Strategic Objectives (creation, execution and alignment)
• Effective leadership of teams including resourcing planning, talent and performance management, employee engagement and culture and progression planning
• To ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget.
• To prepare monthly and quarterly forecasts of project completions and to ensure these align with the company budget.
• To ensure a high level of service and satisfaction is provided by the Teams
• Develop and manage a continuous improvement ethos within the Teams
• Strategic operational planning both from a resource and capacity perspective
• Be integral in the strategic planning for the whole business as part of the Senior Management Team
• To take on project management of select contracts as and when required
• To be the escalation point for major customer issues and to be able to resolve those in a strategically minded way
• Take responsibility for budgetary control of the operations to optimize the profitability for the company
• To strategically manage external providers to ensure a consistent availability of installation teams
• To attend internal and external meetings as needed for the effective operational delivery
• Direct Health, Safety and Environmental and QMS activities to ensure compliance with current and future legislative requirements
• Liaison both externally with customers and internally to meet and exceed customer requirements in terms of Quality, Cost & Delivery
• To understand and fulfil the responsibilities for secure management of personal data of both internal and external customers in line with the EU General Data Protection
Requirements and Skills:
• Proven knowledge of the architectural glazing industry.
• Proven experience in a senior Contracts Management role gained through overseeing multiple projects from order placement through to successful handover to the client.
• Proven experience of operating within a KPI driven structure
• Proven experience of working with leading main contractors, architects and consultants and ability to communicate at senior management level.
• Experience in planning and organising multiple site teams in a cost effective and efficient manner
• Extensive knowledge of data analysis and business performance measures
• Extensive working knowledge of Health and Safety requirements within the construction industry with the ability to promote a strong Health and Safety culture
• Strong communication skills
• Strong business acumen and commercial skills
• Proven experience of implementing change in the business
• Proven experience of developing, training and mentoring junior members of staff
• Ability to build, mentor and drive forward improvements across operations, internal processes and project management
• Ability to create operational and financial value through challenging the normal assumptions and forward thinking
• Logical and methodological approach
• Proactive and enthusiastic personality
• Reliable and honest, able to work with confidential business information
• Advanced computer skills
• Ability to co-operate with others in the business in order to drive continuous improvements and growth
• Ideally already in possession of SMSTS qualification Authority:
• Financial authority to levels set within the Group Operating and Group Finance Manuals
• Authority to apply changes to department staff roles and responsibilities in conjunction with HR support
• Authority to apply changes to operational processes as required to deliver responsibilities set out in this job description
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company with a great reputation. Salaries are in the region of £70-80k + package.Job Reference: J0513