Role Summary: To seek out and develop relationships with Architects, Main Contractors and Developers within the defined sales area to secure projects Commercial projects range in value from small £10-£100k to medium £100-£300K, up to large (up to and over £1M).
• Identify Main Contractor/developers involved in tender process or negotiating projects. Identify key decision makers, develop relationship and follow up to discuss tender offers.
• Negotiate order with Main Contractor/developer. Convert tender to order through regular contact – telephone, site visits etc.
• Conduct effective handover meeting with project co-ordinator to form contract and procure order.
• Seek out and continuously develop and enhance relationships with key decision makers to pursue projects.
• High conversion of tenders to orders of projects
• Total awareness of products and benefits and company are the preferred supplier
• Identify decision makers and influencers on projects and keep in close contact to ensure the company are in the best position to secure orders.
• Ensure the bid management team have comprehensive and detailed information in order to prepare the most commercially viable tender quote.
• Accurately forecast potential orders, seeking support from relevant personnel as necessary to secure orders
• Maintain CRM system with compete and current information
• Maximise sales time and visits by prioritising and planning
• Monitor market trends and competition and report to Sales Director
• Continuously develop own skills and product knowledge of products, regulations, systems and procedures.
• Ensure that sales pipeline is effectively managed and a that a proactive approach to chasing and closing opportunities is practiced at all times
• Ensure the customer fully understand all aspects of our offer both technically and commercially
• Fully explain the features and benefits of the offer with focus on added value to the customer and inform about lead time and post order process (Design, Manufacture, Install)
• Deal with objections in a consultative manner
• Commercial intelligence shared through the team
• Focus on securing the order
• Transparent, visible and current information on area/activities
• Constant focus on continuous improvement
Reporting and control: Activity targets and area sales budget agreed annually and reviewed on a monthly basis.
Performance to be regularly discussed with Sales Director, who will provide necessary support, advice and coaching, including regular telephone contact and visits on the patch.
Environment/Company Culture: Take responsibility and show respect Communicate in an open and effective manner
GCSE Level Match and English essential
Salaries are in the region of £50k+ with company car or car allowance and generous on target bonus scheme (at current rates if full targets are achieved this would be in excess of £12k).