Our client who are specialists within the facade sector are looking to recruit a Site Manager based on a project in South West London.
JOB PURPOSE Deliver projects on time and budget within set safety and quality standards. Manage personnel on site to ensure programme is adhered to. Keep the PM and QS up‐to‐date with site events in terms of progress and H&S issues. Develop a good rapport with site management and installation team.
Ensure following processes are implemented and kept up to date on each contract
· H&S folder
· Weekly planner
· Highlighted drawings
· Site Diary
· Develop solutions to meet customers’ needs.
· Undertake site surveys.
· Manage sub‐contract and employed fixing teams to complete projects according to plan; meeting time, cost, quality, health and safety standards.
· Use programming techniques to effectively plan the project.
· Control the achievement of the profit margin – seeking to improve the budgeted margin. · Develop opportunities to increase profitability through value engineering and through added value variations.
· Manage established client relationships, sometimes with legal/contractual implications.
· Monitor site conditions, installations and teams working on site.
· Provide method statements and risk assessments for the site.
· Maintain the company’s contractual position including original conditions and variations.
· Ensure that quality procedures are rigorously implemented by self and subordinates.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE Experienced site manager in Curtain walling, Cladding, Windows, Doors and Glazing. Broad technical knowledge. Must understand the technical capabilities of curtain‐walling/structural glass systems.
Commercial awareness. Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office. Good general IT skills. Manage site resources. Able to plan a job on site and organise deliveries etc. Good communication skills – verbal and written.
This is a contract position offering good day rates. Candidates that are immediately available as start dates are asap.